Barcelona May 2010

An annual trip to Barcelona is a good idea.  


It's 12 months since I was last there and this time (Icelandic volcanoes not withstanding) I got to be a tourist.  On my previous trips I managed to grab a few hours to be a tourist, this time I had a whole day to just wander around town.  I spent lots of time on La Rambla and in Port Vell (probably my favourite bit of Barcelona).   My plans for a quiet dinner on the Sunday evening were rather disrupted by Barca winning at home to retain the Spanish League title - it made for a rather boisterous and very photogenic few hours in the Placa Catalunya.


Eyjafjallajokull did it's best to disrupt my return flight - but the disruption was rather less dramatic than in April.  I had briefly hoped that I was going to get struck in Barcelona for a few more sunny days.  Maybe next time.


Barcelona May 2010

No comments: